Sunday, March 4, 2012

Easy Asian Green Beans!! Yummy!!

Ok I found this Recipe on Allrecipes.com  this is one of my favorite places to find recipes online because you can see the reviews it got and also you can adjust the portions for whatever fits your family....  These Green beans were a big hit with my family.  I was looking for a different way to cook our veggies as I was starting to get bored of our norm....so I just looked for green beans and found these...they are call Sweet and Spicy Green Beans on allrecipes  but they are very good....
So here is the recipe and my changes in ( ) next to it


INGREDIENTS:
3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced (i used 2 cloves)





1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce (i had none so i used a dash of chili powder and a dash of onion powder)
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons canola oil
DIRECTIONS:
1.Arrange a steamer basket in a pot over boiling water, and steam the green beans 3 to 4 minutes.
2.In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic, garlic chili sauce, and honey.
3.Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans, and fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly evaporated. Serve immediately.


So there you have it!  these are great and Reece my 1 and a half year old kept asking for more and he usually avoids green beans....its worth a try just to give you a different flavor..

No comments:

Post a Comment