1 cup cheddar cheese
8 med-lg potatoes (divided)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of potato
1 onion (cut into small pieces)
2 stalks of celery (cut into small pieces)
2 stalks of leeks (cut into small pieces)
3 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 cup water
4-5 strips of bacon (more if you want more)
3 Tbsp sour cream
2 cups of milk
1. boil 1/2 of the potatoes (these should be cute into small bite size pieces) until very soft drain and set aside
2. boil other half of the potatoes until very soft. drain and then mash
3. cook bacon and break into pieces (or use bacon bits I didn't have any so I just did this) set aside 2 Tbsp of the grease
4. cook onion, leek and celery in grease
5. when the veggies are soft add flour and water to mixture and cook until thickened
6. take off heat and add bacon bits
7. add cream of chicken and potato to the mashed potatoes
8. then add onion/flour mixture, milk, and sour cream to mashed potatoes
9. mix these ingredients together well.
10. Add the small potato pieces and cheese and stir with a spoon
11. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe makes a thick soup and is filling enough to serve by itself. My hubby loved it so much he said it was better then Outback Steakhouse's Potato Soup. I was shocked :) A good shocked and glad he liked it so much and so did my son who ate every last bite.
If you try it let me know how you thought it was or even some of the adjustments you made. I bet it might taste good with some sausage pieces instead of bacon...Hmmm might have to try it like that next time.