Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sick baby

Reece my little happy boy (for the most part) has been sick for the last few days which meant that he was really whinny and cranky oh and very clingy.  He has been fighting a cold for almost 6 days.  Although I think we have almost kicked it.  Thank goodness!!  When your baby is sick you don't get much rest.  Reece is only a year and a half so I can't give him cough medicine yet and the poor kid needed some so I searched all over the Internet for any kind of home remedy that would help my poor little boy.
I found many people said to give them a 1/2 tsp lemon and 1/2 tsp honey mixed together and warmed.



Now if your baby is not over one you shouldn't try this as it is not suggested to give honey to children under one but since Reece is older then that I decided to give it a shot.  And guess what, it worked!!  He actually slept all night after I gave that to him.  And let me tell you we both needed a good nights sleep.  So the next time your kid has a cough and you can't or don't want to give him medicine try the lemon honey mix.  It just might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment