Friday, February 3, 2012

Wow its Feb...

I can't believe that January has already come and gone.

For our family January has been a fun filled month.  We got to introduce 2 new little people into our family one new nephew on my side of the family and one new niece (my first niece!!) on Marc's side of the family.  We are so excited for both families and the two new little babies we get to hold although we only get to hold one right now as the other is on the other side of the ocean...but speaking of that we got to meet her thanks to some awesome technology called Skype.
This is marc's sister holding my niece :)
 This is my niece!! What a cutie!


We use Skype all the time to talk to Marc's family back home and the best part is we not only get to hear but we get to see each other....oh and did I mention its free!  We talk to Marc's parents every week and it has become so routine for us that Reece regularly asks for his Nana and Papa (Marc's parents).  I think it is so nice to be able to communicate with family who are so far away.

My mom was telling me that when they were first here on the mission field she only got to call my grandma (her mom) once a year!  I couldn't believe it!  I can't imagine only talking to my mom once a year!  And then she told me it was only for like 30 mins because it cost so much to make a long distance call... Can you believe that!  Crazy!  We are so spoiled compared to that.  But I'm not going to lie I'm very thankful for all the technology that we have that my son can get to know his grandparents at least to a certain extent...

Also I have been trying lots of new recipes lately and I plan on sharing a few of the hits here.

Thanks for listening and if you live far away from your family check out Skype if you don't already have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment