Sunday, February 12, 2012

First time peach cobbler...

Well yesterday we attended a meeting with some of the faculty from our bible college here in Manila and it was at my mom's house so she asked me if I would make a dessert.  Specifically peach cobbler because she had bought the peaches to make it.  I agreed and went on my search to find an easy recipe for peach cobbler since I never made it before in my life.  lol  I should really taste things before I serve them to other people especially if I have never made it before... oh well....  the recipe I had was so simple...here it is

Peach Cobbler
1-2 cups peaches
1 stick margarine
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup self rising flour
       (if you don't have self rising flour it is so easy to make your own....for every 1 cup of flour mix with the flour 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt)  this is what I did and it worked great...
Directions
Heat oven to 375.  Melt margarine in a baking dish (I just put mine in a bowl in the microwave and melted it and then transferred it to the baking dish).  Add other ingredients (I would mix the flour and sugar and milk with the butter in the dish before you add the peaches it might help with the sloshing out of the dish).  Mix.  Bake for 30-45 minutes until the crust is brown and bubbly.  Serve with ice cream.  

This was really easy and it turned out really good...I doubled the batch so that I would have enough for the 20 people that were there.  I also mixed in the juice that the peaches were in.  Some recipes say to leave it out and others don't say but I figured it would help give the whole dish a little more flavor and it did.

So there you go.  Sorry I forgot to take a picture I was in a bit little of a rush :)  until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment