Sunday, February 5, 2012

Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken

Ok so I said I would post some recipes that I have been trying lately and this by far is one of the best ones and its in the crock pot which I think is one of my favorite kitchen appliances by far well except for the kitchen aide mixer I got for Christmas... :)  ok so on to the recipe :) and I just added a few extra dashes for good measure...  I am no precise cooker here :)  I'll put what i did next to the ingredients :)

Lemon Garlic Chicken


Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano  (Just covered the breasts until I thought it was enough)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt   (Just covered the breasts until I thought it was enough)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper   (Just covered the breasts until I thought it was enough)
  • 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves  (i only used about 1 lbs or 1/2 kilo here in Manila)
  • 2 tablespoons butter (no butter)
  • 1/4 cup water (1 1/2 cup)
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/4 cup)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 Block cream cheese (cubed) (also suggested online was heavy whipping cream to get the creamy sauce effect for over noodles)

Directions (I didn't follow any of these directions)

  1. In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
  2. In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
  3. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.


My directions 
1. Defrost Chicken 
2. add all ingredients except salt, pepper, and oregano
3. cover the tops of chicken with 3 left over ingredients 
4. set crock pot on high and leave for 3-4 hours


Serve with noodles and any veggie of choice


So there you go.  I hope you like this recipe, my family loves it because it has great flavor and I love it because it doesn't take that much to make it.  I have put this in the crock pot before we left for church and then just heated up left over noodles to go with it when we got home from church...

Give it a try and let me know if you did anything different

No comments:

Post a Comment